ÖZELLİKLER
BİLGİLER
İMZA
SON 10 MESAJI
I gave a friend of mine one of the wild hogaboomorum a few years ago. He kept the fish...which ended up being female. I already had a breeding pair and a third wheel male. My buddy gave me back the female...and now the bachelor has a new bride....and hopefully I will have TWO wild breeding pair.

Additional photos can be found at my blog: http://modevlin.zenfolio.com/blog
I don't know what the discussion is about....but that's top left photo is a picture of my male P. managuense from La Cieba Honduras. It's a male. the fish on the right is female.
[QUOTE=Umut Katipoğlu]Celal sanırım burada tek birey ve üreme dönemindeki birey arasındaki fark görülebiliyor.
Çieçkler ve iri siyah bant kalıyor, ancak tüm gövdeye yayılmış olan solucan desenler azda olsa soluyor yada kayboluyor.
Rainbowlardaki tutuncu gövdenin birdenbire kömüre batırılmış gibi kararması misali...



[/QUOTE]
Dan Woodland? Or are you referring to Don Conkel?
[QUOTE=Cenk Bildir][QUOTE=Aquamojo] Is Dan shipping them over or is he having someone else do it? I am curious as to how easy it was to have done.
[QUOTE=Cenk Bildir]Hopefully 2 inchers from this variety (blue labridens) and the Media Luna Yellow from Dan will be in Turkey in the begining of July.
Is Dan shipping them over or is he having someone else do it? I am curious as to how easy it was to have done.
[QUOTE=Cenk Bildir]Hopefully 2 inchers from this variety (blue labridens) and the Media Luna Yellow from Dan will be in Turkey in the begining of July.
Been a while since I've posted. I have been busy processing the photos from Segrest Farms. Final count was a total of 1600 photos. Talk about sapping any desire to photo my own fish. LOL.
I did a major break down clean up of the 500 gallon tank and moved some fish around. Of all that I brought back from Mexico I only have the one lone male H. labridens from Taninul Springs. Normally the fish is more blue and yellow. Breeding dress is more monochromatic...black and white. Recently he has been taking on something in between. There are a few other Labridens in the tank...but I think the change is more of a dominance coloration than breeding. The fish itself is around 11". Still very nice.

Here's a cichlid that you don't see often in the hobby....Chuco micropthalmus. Under rated and yet a very pretty fish. Aggressive and a challenge to breed.



I am testing new photo tanks. The one that these photos were shot in is a little different than most that I make. Most have a painted black back and a frosted glass bottom to diffuse light. The biggest problem that I have is cutting down the amount of light that I throw on a tank. So this time I painted the back, sides and bottom first with frosted glass paint to give it a texture (less glare) then with white paint. The tank is 2 ½ gallons…about 12” across and eight inches high.
I used four Nikon SB-900 flash units on the tank. One
below, one on the back and two on the top.(picture attached) So I end up
shooting at 1/320th of a second at an extremely low ISO and very
high aperture (@f32). The amount of light that these four lights throw on that
small area is amazing. Any one of those flash units could illuminate a
subject twenty foot away.
If I have to cut even more light I made a couple
additional individual pieces of ¼” plexi that I painted in various
depths (white to grey) so I
can add that (one layer or more) to bottom or top to cut back light. If
you are familiar with photo terms, the effect is like that of a neutral
density filter.
I wanted the tank to be
versatile enough to shoot all kinds of fish. I have another piece of
glass cut to the inside dimensions of the tank and painted black. I can
move the back wall forward and position with some channels that I made
w/small
industrial suction cups. This just to keep some control over the
fish. If the fish goes too close to the back and hides, I adjust the
movable wall to keep them in front of the tank. I also cut two pieces
of stone tile that I can lay at a diagonal
from the front of the tank to the back…to photo catfish and the other
bottom
dwellers.
Next I filled the tank with two small Hogaboomorum
to test the lighting. Here's the set up. The small flashlight on the
top helps me to focus.
The results were OK. But the fish would hug and hide. So I went and got the larger male from the tank and added him. That got everyone moving. Here's two shots.
Next I added a net full of half inch P.
fredrichsthali "La Cieba" fry to try the macro. Wasn't sure what to
expect. One of the challenges of shooting macro is the depth of field.
Less light means you have to open the aperture. A wider aperture (lower
number ex. f3.5, f4, ) Whe you shoot something this small, a higher
aperture gives you bigger depth of field. Here's two tips. The farther
back you can get and shoot, the better the depth o field...the
closer...like with macro, the shorter (less of the area will be in
focus). The other tip is to "zone focus". In this case, rather than
focus on the exact part of the fish I wanted in focus, I would move down
the body a little. This assured me that I would get not only front,
but back in focus...in most cases...becasue of the DOF range.
Considering the bubble at the top of the tank.
Some portraits..remember, these fish are all 1/4 - 1/2" in size:
Here's a little guy that was so excited...he crapped himself. 
Not wanting to stop here, I swapped out the Freddies for some P. managuense "Xiola" ...these 1/4 inch and smaller.
I put some decapsulated brine shrimp in with the fish. If you have ever used it, you know it's very very small. IN the photos they look like regular pellet. What I though interesting is that there is so little color on the fish that you can actually see the brine shrimp (color orange) that they are eating.
Couple other interesting observations...if you take a close look at the fish, it almost looks like their skin is comprised of dots. I am assuming that the color of the fish is still developing. Perhaps the chromatophores (pigment) of the fish is still developing. The other is that the eyes are disproportionally large to the rest of the body. Maybe natures was of giving the easily preyed on fry a better chance of seeing it coming. I back this up with seeing tanks full of scattered tiny fry coming together as a group when they see me approaching the tank...waiting for food. What they see, who knows...but without a doubt they react.
Hope you enjoyed this. If you have any specific questions about the setup, I'd be glad to answer what I can. I hope this translates well into Turkish
Mo
[QUOTE=arren] Mr. MO after you shared so many beautifull photo, I realezed really ı have never captured a good photo:D These big babies all good and you are doing realy great work!!!!


[/QUOTE]Thank you my friend.
sezerdmn...

[QUOTE=mekrög]And maybe some Jumbo?[/QUOTE]
I found some pictures that I hadn't previously processed. Jumbo's mother was a Gold Morph managuense and his father a Managuense from Nicaraugua. I had him for thirteen years. This is the only fish in my collection that has ever bitten me...on three separate occasions. One time I was reaching across his open tank to adjust a filter.
He jumped up and out of the water and bit me behind my arm, dangling for a split second before falling back. He was almost too aggressive for his own good. He would attack the water siphon getting water out and the hose while I wa putting water in. If I wanted to reach into the right side of the tank, I would have to distract him on the left.
One time I had a TV station doing a story about my collection. The female reporter saw the fish and was amazed by his attentiviness. I told her that if she opened the hood, he would come to the top of the tank. SHe did and as she leaned over he jumped straight out of the water and tried to bite her. She fell back and screamed.
All of my Central American cichlids thrive in the hard water of Pennsylvania. The only treatment I use is to remove chlorimines. Temperatures vary 24 - 26 degrees celsius. I feed all of my fsh a varied diet. Jumbo loved raw shrimp and would eat five to six at one sitting.



I have several dozen photos I took of Hericthys labridens "Media Luna". All of the light was hitting just right. The settings were spot on, and the big boy was responding to some hand waving and food baiting. Here's one of my favorites from today. Nice lighting above and below.

I will post more later.
SON MESAJLAR
- Japon Balığımın Yüzgeçleri Kanlandı ogurcay, 09:07
Hastalıklar ve İlaçlar - Ters Dönerek Yüzen Ryukin ~Emre, 07:59
Hastalıklar ve İlaçlar - Durgun Sular 🍀 Aqua Discovery, 06:45
Akvaryum Tanıtımı - 100x50x50 Akvaryumda Hangi Filtreyi Alabilirim mahsun315, 03:13
Filtreleme Seçenekleri - Akvaryum İçin Bahçeden Alınan Dallar Wasdff, 01:43
Akvaryum Tasarımı ve Dekorasyonu - Ternapi Medaka Pondları ternapi, 01:17
Akvaryum Tanıtımı - İç Filitre Yeterli Mi? Halit81, 00:01
Yeni Üye Forumu - Akvaryum Yüzlerce Küçük Böcek syerli, 00:00
Hastalıklar ve İlaçlar - Nedir Bu Beyaz Mikro Kurtlar? ( Nematod Sorunu ve Çözümü ) Keyif, 23:11
Hastalıklar ve İlaçlar - 60x40x40 Walstad Akvaryum Ve Kurulum Süreci syerli, 22:52
Akvaryum Tanıtımı - 25 Litre 50x20x25 Tank İçin Tür Önerisi hvostr, 21:53
Akvaryum ve Tür Tavsiyesi - Bitkili Doğal Akvaryumlarım nurtensultan, 21:10
Akvaryum Tanıtımı - 40x40x40 Yeni Akvaryum Öneri Ercan9n, 20:44
Yeni Üye Forumu - Anubias Nasıl Çoğaltılır Nickim10Harf, 20:37
Akvaryum ve Tür Tavsiyesi - Leblebi hvostr, 20:20
Kedi Balıkları Tanıtımı - 🧿 En Güzel Fotoğraflarınızı Gösterin hvostr, 19:46
Akvaryum ve Su Altı Fotoğrafçılığı - Fotoğraf Galerim hvostr, 19:42
Akvaryum ve Su Altı Fotoğrafçılığı - Karma Monster Akvaryumu Jolakotturinn, 18:51
Akvaryum ve Tür Tavsiyesi - Oranda Ryukin Tankı Kurulum ~Emre, 18:09
Akvaryum Tanıtımı - Akvaryum Ve Balıklar İçin Acemiye Destek Betta_King, 17:54
Akvaryum ve Tür Tavsiyesi - Lepistes İcin Filtre Önerisi? Heidfeld, 17:11
Yeni Üye Forumu - Hobiye Dönüş, 80x40x30. doufo361, 16:35
Yeni Üye Forumu - Hobiye Yeni Başladım doufo361, 16:23
Akvaryum Tanıtımı - Cüce Amerikan Dünyası Laetacara, 15:50
Güney Amerikan Cichlidleri - Bitkili Tankda Led Kullanımı Taahaa, 15:36
Işık CO2 ve Ekipmanlar - Lifetech 838 Elektrik Kesintisi Sorunu lojistisyen, 15:31
Filtreleme Seçenekleri - Linkteki iç filtreyi nasıl bilirsiniz? Yalçın29, 14:28
Malzemeler ve Yemler Forumu - Canlı Önerisi aquaticathearmi, 10:57
Akvaryum ve Tür Tavsiyesi - Shallow Blackwater Bimaculata AtlasPoyraz, 07:49
Akvaryum Tanıtımı - Pleconun Karnı Şiş yesil09, 21:31
Kedi Balıkları Forumu - Hightech Armatür Tavsiye badboy87, 20:36
Işık CO2 ve Ekipmanlar - Akvaryumcu syerli, 19:37
Yeni Üye Forumu - Akvaryum Hobisinde Kadınlara Olan Bakış Açısı. SaRCoPhiLiuS, 15:02
Şikayet Var! - 40 Küp Hightech Tanıtım Jeveux, 14:41
Akvaryum Tanıtımı - Yeni Bir Bitkili Akvaryum '' Aquaterapist '' AliAltınöz, 09:57
Akvaryum Tanıtımı - 75 Litre Yosun Yiyici Önerisi SaRCoPhiLiuS, 09:52
Yosun - İlk Başlangıç.. Furkanrs, 08:04
Yeni Üye Forumu - Esp Tabanlı Akıllı Işık Ve Sıcaklık Ölçüm Sistemi NightWist, 08:04
Kendin Yap Sistemler (DIY) - Bitkili Yeni Kurulum Hobimmm, 05:54
Bitki Akvaryumları Genel - Yeni Petshopcular Balıklara Daha Kalitesiz Bakıyor Rıdvan459, 23:46
Yeni Üye Forumu - Before - After MCY4, 20:59
Akvaryum Tanıtımı - Yakışıklıdan Pozlar :) Ozmoziz, 12:02
Güney Amerikan Cichlidleri Tanıtımı - Bu Mülteciyi Ne Yapacağımı Bilemedim SaRCoPhiLiuS, 11:05
Sazansıgiller - Filtre Değişimi Sonrası Lepisteslerde Kayıp lepistesciii, 00:30
Hastalıklar ve İlaçlar - 90.35.40 Akvaryumum Patladı ~Emre, 23:19
Akvaryum ve Kapak Yapımı - Yeni Tank Kurulumu Hakkında Bilgi srcndgn, 22:55
Akvaryum ve Tür Tavsiyesi - Betta Balıkları Akvaryum Dibinde Taşların Üzerinde hipehlivan, 22:51
Hastalıklar ve İlaçlar - Yeni Kurulum Hakkında Bilgi srcndgn, 22:35
Akvaryum Tanıtımı - Betta Akvaryumum hvostr, 21:51
Akvaryum Tanıtımı - Rummy Nose Tetra Akvaryumu Ozmoziz, 21:46
Akvaryum Tanıtımı
GÜNCEL 100 TANITIM
SON İLANLAR
- Karides Yem Ve Mineral -ggarten-ebi Dama-dennerle lotnaquascaping 08:59
- Karides Mineralleri Ve Yemleri lotnaquascaping 08:59
- Genchem-no Planaria-planarya Ve Hydra'dan Kurtulun lotnaquascaping 08:59
- Akvaryum Ve Dolap 1mt Aqua malawi 08:33
- Anubias - Bucephalandra - Moss Çeşitleri karidesrehberi 08:27
- Fanlı Akvaryum Soğutma Termostatlı karidesrehberi 08:27
- Neocaridina - Caridina Karides- Cüce Kerevit - Yem karidesrehberi 08:27
- Balık Yavruluğu - Akvaryum Malzemeleri - Teraryum karidesrehberi 08:27
- Creaqua Krom Pipe Ve A Kalite Akvaryum Malzemeleri apistoman 08:09
- Su Ustu Bitkisi Frogbit ALTEMUR 07:25
- Osmos Ve Muhtelif Malzemeler Formicasmind 07:05
- Basit Tür Başlangıç Bitkileri GOLDFISH 02:20
- Bitki Çeşitleri emreemin 01:36
- Bitki Gübre Seti Satış Ve Destek emreemin 01:36
- Armatür Powerled Ölçülerinize Göre Destek Verilir emreemin 01:36
- Bitkili Akvaryum Balıkları emreemin 01:36
- Antuta Bebeleri Akvarist Hoca 00:03
- Düz Vatoz (mavi Göz Çift Ve Süper Red Takım) Akvarist Hoca 00:03
- Black Flame Endler Safkan Damızlık Koloni aXarayli 23:28
- Takasa Açık Kaliteli Malzemeler BadgeR 23:14
- Chihiros Rgb Vivid 2 Mini Shade Arıyorum BadgeR 23:14
- İthal Paludaryum / Teraryum Arıyorum ozan_1903 23:08
- Efsane Mangrow Kökü ozan_1903 23:08
- Toplu Malzeme Ve Akvaryumlar MurathanM 22:53
- 100x50x50 Akvaryum Ve Mobilyası(hobiyi Bırakıyorm) MurathanM 22:53
- Aykılıç, King Ve Düz Kılıç Yavruları A Kalite ali özer 22:47
- Mavi - Beyaz Elma Salyangozları TolgahanA 21:32
- 2 Adet Eheim İç Filtre Biopower 160 ngerekli 20:58
- Toplu Malzemeler Isıtıcı Hava Motoru Eheim Ekipman Serhat.Kaymak 20:54
- Montecarlo-helferi-rotala Sayhadrica-red-green UraL 20:45
- 2 Adet Bolivian Ramirezi pengasusboi 20:39
- Zateksuaritma Akvaryum Arıtma Sistemleri Reef Seri zafer3885 20:13
- Akvaryum Arıtma Sistemleri zafer3885 20:13
- Su Piresi & Yeşil Su & Infusoria Amati340 19:56
- Ramshorn Salyangoz (10 Adet) Amati340 19:56
- Osmocote Akıllı Kapsül Gübre ( 9 Ay Etkili) Amati340 19:56
- Microfex( Dero Worm) & Sirke Kurdu Amati340 19:56
- Springtail Kültürü (sıçrarkuyruk) Amati340 19:56
- Karides Takas Olur 34hakanay 16:49
- Bolbitis Heudelotii, Trident Fern metsi 15:22
- Akvaryum 30*30 metsi 15:22
- İthal Işıklı Dolaplı Büyük Boy salihclk 14:58
- Atman 3338 Dış Filtre 3 Sepetli emree06 14:51
- L144 Mavi Göz Düz Kuyruk Cüce Vatoz Yavrusu emree06 14:51
- Neolamprologus Pulcher (daffodil) Yavrusu emree06 14:51
- Moss (takas Seçenekleri Mevcut) aziz_basak 14:42
- 1 Metrelik Set Akvaryumlar Ve Co2 Tüp kadir0606 14:14
- Kalın Bant Duboisi Maswa Yavru &ramshorn Salyangoz yns325 14:01
- L144 Tülden Olma Düz Kuyruk Çiftler yns325 14:01
- 🌿 Makro➕️ Mikro➕ Excel🌲 Akvaryum Gübreleri kilic88 13:03
KULLANICILAR
- 73 Online Kullanıcı, 41 Üye
Online Kullanıcılar
FORUM İSTATİSTİKLERİ
- 3,797,668 Mesaj
- 408,613 Konu
- 91 Forum
- 145,128 Forum Üyesi
- 1,466 Özel Forum Üyesi
- 29 Kıdemli Akvarist
- 1,941 Dün Giriş Yapan Üye
Şu ana kadar en fazla 1365 kişi 27.03.2012 23:21 tarih ve saatinde çevrim içi oldu.




















